Sculptra is an FDA-approved injectable cosmetic filler that activates the skin’s natural regenerative process to help replenish lost collagen in the face. It’s been used since 1999 to treat deep lines, creases, and folds to give a more youthful appearance. It was first approved by the FDA in 2004 to treat facial fat loss in people living with HIV.
How Does Scupltra Work?
Sculptra injections contain PLLA (poly-L-lactic acid), which act within the dermis skin layer as a collagen stimulator, helping to gradually restore fullness to facial wrinkles and folds. As your skin absorbs the Sculptra PLLA microparticles, it triggers collagen growth. This results in a softer and more youthful appearance. People love Sculptra because its effects can last up to 2 years!
What to Expect During & After Treatment
- The area is cleaned, and a topical anesthetic cream is applied to help with any discomfort.
- Using a fine needle, the derma filler is injected underneath the skin.
- Some people see results after one treatment, but full results take a few weeks
- The average treatment plan consists of three injections over the course of three to four months.
- There is no downtime after receiving treatment.