To make sure you get the most out of your service we’ve put together a list of information you need to know to prepare for your permanent makeup appointment as well as what do to after your appointment. Don’t hesitate to each out if you have any questions.
Before Your Appointment:
- Do not drink coffee, alcohol, or energy drinks 24 hours prior to.
- Do not take/consume any blood thinners such as aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, ibuprofen, fish oil (omega 3), krill oil, or any kind of seafood, and garlic for 24 hours prior to.
- Discontinue the use of local retinoid produces 3 days prior to.
- Botox and fillers on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 4 weeks prior to.
- No chemical peels, laser peels, microdermabrasion, or other intense facial treatment, for at least 1 month prior to your service. Doing them sooner than advised, will cause irritation and faster cell rejuvenation. Which results in poor pigment retention.
- If you use Acuttane to treat acne, you must wait at least 6 months after the completion of your Acuttane therapy to receive a PMU service
- Please note that you will be more sensitive around your menstrual cycle. Poor pigmentation retention is also a result of doing treament during this time. Avoid scheduling your appointment during these days.
- Fix/wash your hair before your appointment because you won’t be able to get your eyebrows wet for 7 days following your service.
- Do not work out the day of your session.
- Do not wax, tint, or thread your eyebrows for 48 hours prior to the service.
- Please reschedule your appointment in advance if you’re feeling ill as we cannot perform the service during this time. We ask that you do not come into the facility to make us aware, please contact us over the phone.
1st & 2nd Day
- No ointment or water on the eyebrows.
- Allow the aloe vera gel that was applied at the end of your service, to continue working throughout the 1st and 2nd day on its own.
3rd to 10th Day
- Avoid any water exposure directly on the eyebrows.
- Only apply a thin layer of ointment 2 times per day.
- Do not pick or scratch your eyebrows.
After your treatment is done: do not stay too long in the shower with hot steam (more than 15 min) in the first 7 days. When our skin is too long under warm water it perspires and the pores will open and push out the pigment and this can have an effect on pigment retention.
Please avoide the following for the next 7 days:
- Makeup (over eyebrows)
- Facial Treatments
Also, some clients may have lymph on the second day if the service was done later in the day. If you see this, you should take a hypoallergenic sensitive (non-scented) wipe and clean your eyebrows very gently.
If you experience any of the following or any other signs of infection, it is advised to see your doctor:
- If puffiness or swelling does not go down after a few hours of service.
- If you have yellow-tinted discharge or excessive redness.
- If scabbing continues after the 2 week healing phase.
- If brows begin to leak pus
Note: infection is rare, but can happen. Please follow aftercare instructions to avoid complications.