Over time your skin can become damaged with exposure to sun, chemicals, and the normal aging process. IPL Photofacial can help produce, younger-looking skin that is firmer as well as more even in color tone and texture. This is an FDA-cleared option for reversing sun damage, skin rejuvenation, and reversing signs of aging.
How IPL Photofacial Works
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) uses multiple wavelengths of light to draw out the pigment producing cells below the skin. The light is converted to heat energy and reduces the unwanted melanin producing cells in the layers of you skin. This process disperses the uneven pigmentation leaving your skin with a more even tone. In addition, it will stimulate your kins cells to regenerate new collagen.
What to Expect from IPL Photofacial
- Prior to your treatment, you and your esthetician will mee to discuss your goals. It is important to avoid tanning before and after your treatment.
- A treatment takes about 20 minutes but can vary depending on the area. You should see an improvement after the first treatment, but it may take up to 3 treatments to see the full effect.
- The number of treatments depends on the location and number of vessels to be treated. This procedure is most effective in people with light skin, but people with darker skin tones have found success.
- After treatment you may apply a cold damp cloth to the area or use a recommended ointment to ease any inflammation. Also, you should avoid sun exposure for 30 days following the treatment.
- You may notice your skin peeling or darkening of some of the pigmentated spots for a few days following the treatment. After that you will find that your skin looks smoother and fresher. Many patients opt for 1 or 2 annual maintenance treatments.